It’s been quiet around here following Halloween, so call it a ten day post-Halloween hangover or whatever you’d like, but I wanted to leave a quick note and give our faithful readers a taste of what’s coming. First of all, as I already mentioned, it’s been dead around here for the past week and a half, and not in the pun sort of way. Halloween’s a busy time for any horror addicts, or just general Halloween lovers, and some years it just requires a bit of downtime afterwards. That’s not what’s been happening. Rather, I’ve been hard at work on a new non-BloodSuckingGeek project that has served as one hell of a distraction. With any luck, it should launch later this week, and you all will be the first to know (so peel your eyes).
So that’s that. It’s been quiet. But we aren’t going anywhere, so I wanted to give you an idea of what we’re working on here at the Blood Sucking Geek. We’ve got a new author that’s coming in here shortly, so look out for his stuff soon! Below are just a few of the other things that are in the works:
- Walker Weekends – This series was the fourth director-series (started with our reader-favorite Fulci Friday), but was held up because of how difficult it has been to find some of Pete Walker’s lesser-known films. But I hate to leave any project incomplete, so we’re going to jump-start that again here shortly and push through to the end.
- Black Metal Corner – I’ve done a few album reviews since our upgrade, and have tended to focus more on music with some form of horror theme. But my personal affinity for black metal will creep in one way or another, so we’re just going to dedicate a virtual corner to the underground genre of music. It is, after all, directly below horror on my scale of awesome things (to request a personal copy of my scale of awesome things, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Other Yet-to-be-named Things
- Following the completion of Walker Weekends, we will be moving onto the ever-intimidating task of watching and reviewing all of Dario Argento’s films as director. And yes, it will span all the way up to DRACULA 3D.
- Our new author has been talking with me about doing a column on revisiting old, obscure horror games (Playstation, PS2, etc), so we certainly hope to see that here in the near future!
- Miscellaneous Things
- I’ve been meaning to write a review of Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs here for a while, so that is upcoming. And then we will continue with Amnesia Custom Stories now that modders can use content from both Amnesia games.
- Yes, there will be a second annual Ultimate Gore-a-thon. But not until after the holidays. If you’d like your site to be a part of it, contact us!
And a final quick note to everyone here in the States. Since it is Veterans Day, a huge, humble thank you to all the brave men and women who have ever served in the armed forces. We’re able to enjoy horror movies in the safety of our own homes and then post pointless shit about them on the internet thanks to you.